Nothing in this position description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
The primary purpose of the Prep Cook is to assist the Culinary Team with production of Catering and production items. This individual will ensure that each food item is prepared accurately using standardized prep lists and recipes to guarantee quality and consistency. This individual is responsible for ensuring that we exceed customer expectations, communicate with our Associates and meet both Company and departmental objectives.
1. In a timely fashion, assemble, organize, prepare, and fill food orders according to company specifications and recipes
2. Prepare and Fill orders accurately based on production schedule
3. Prepare high-quality food items according to standardized recipes and instructions to meet production kitchen departure times
4. Follows proper handling, preparation, and holding guidelines; assists in maintaining foods in sufficient qualities while minimizing over-production and waste.
5. Understand and Follow all Commissary Kitchen SOP’s
6. Uses established catering production sheets. Responsible for following HACCP procedures and practices
7. Able to work in a clean, organized, and efficient manner
8. Demonstrate strong communication skills with peers and collaborate with team members
9. Assist to meet performance goals set by the Executive Chef, Catering Chef, and Sous Chefs
10. Ensure safe operating procedures of all equipment, utensils and machinery
11. Utilize safety training in lifting, carrying, hazardous material control, chemical control, first aid and CPR
12. Attend daily briefings and safety meetings
13. Maintain a clean and organized work area
14. Additional duties as assigned