At Di Bruno Bros., we pride ourselves on an extraordinary customer experience and are passionate about service. We are seeking a Senior HR Generalist to help us provide seamless HR service to our employees and prospective employees. This position will guide and manage the talent function of Human Resources including oversight of recruiting, performance management and associate development as well as support our HR team in accomplishing their goals. Our successful candidate will have a strong background in recruitment and employee relations; a strong understanding of compliance related matters; an ability to lead initiatives as well as support and coach managers to achieve success.
The successful candidate will have worked in dynamic environments including hospitality or service based retail and will have 5-8 years of progressive human resources experience. This position requires an individual to be solutions oriented with a knack for thinking outside the box. We will need a detailed, focused individual who can manage the nuts and bolts but also see the strategic view and purpose. Most importantly, our candidate will understand how to influence and develop people and situations in a supportive, positive manner while still balancing the compliance and legal requirements of the role.
• Establish and lead the recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire great talent.
• Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
• Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
• Maintains the organization structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
• Partners to execute strong on-boarding and orientation for all Di Bruno Bros. new employees
• Develops and administers programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
• Partners to deliver and support the Company’s overall training goals and programs
• Leads the implementation and maintenance of Di Bruno Bros. performance management system and reviews
Skills and Qualifications
• Knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and employee development.
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Evidence of the ability to handle confidential business and employee information
• Strong collaboration skills
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
• Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include knowledge of Excel and skills in Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
• General knowledge of various employment laws and practices and experience working with a corporate employment law attorney.
• Demonstrated ability to coach managers